Hindustan Unilever (HUL) is sponsoring fellowships for five women Ph.D students, whose research areas are aligned with the four Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) — Health & Hygiene, Clean Water & Sanitation, Nutrition & Fortification and Climate Action & Sustainability.
Those who are awarded the HUL Fellowships will be eligible for a monthly fellowship amount of Rs 70,000 as well as an annual grant for Rs 2,00,000. The fellowships will be for a period of five years.
- Women research scholars are eligible to apply after having completed 12 months in the PhD programme. In case of Integrated MTech/MSc and PhD programmes, the candidate will be eligible to apply within 12 months of the date of satisfying the Master’s degree requirement.
- The candidate should have completed full-semester courses worth at least 12 credits as part of the PhD programme requirement and obtained an aggregate CGPA of 8 (out of 10) in those courses.
- The fellowship is only for students with Masters qualification in line with PhD research topics mentioned above.
- The candidate must provide a recommendation from the PhD advisor and the department.
- Candidates receiving a comparable fellowship, internship, or support from another company or institution (other than scholarships from IISc and government agencies) during the HUL IISc Fellowship funding period are ineligible for this award.
Hindustan Unilever (HUL) is one of the leading fast moving consumer goods companies in India, operating in Indian markets for over 85 years. HUL works to create a better future every day and has a track record of contribution to the society and supporting strong social causes.