The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) invites applications for the position of Assistant Alumni Relations Officer at its Office of Development and Alumni Affairs (ODAA).
The Assistant Alumni Relations Officer is expected to perform the following duties.
- Assist the Chair, ODAA and Alumni Relations Officer in developing a vibrant alumni-IISc ecosystem.
- Develop and maintain systems, databases, web portal and social media accounts to connect with alumni.
- Network with alumni in Bangalore and other cities to build a vibrant system focused on assisting IISc with development plans.
- Organize alumni get-togethers, follow-up with alumni to develop partnerships with IISc.
- Interface with alumni to channel their gifts to IISc.
- Follow-up on alumni suggestions and references to other non-alumni contacts.
- Develop and maintain a portal, similar to the existing alumni portal, for “associates/friends” of IISc comprising project assistants, attendees of short-term courses and proficiency courses at IISc.
- Identify key alumni/associates/friends in each industry/company/institution to help IISc raise funds for special projects approved by the Institute.
Master’s degree in Engineering or Science or Management (MBA). Extensive familiarity with software such as MS Office.
Age Limit: 40 years
At least 3 years of experience in the corporate sector or academia. Candidates from industry should have experience in interacting with a global customer base and those from academia should have experience in managing alumni relations in a University or Institute of national repute. Candidates should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, networking skills and ability to organize events. This position requires travel within Bangalore and may require travel to other cities.
As this position involves interacting with institute’s alumni/associates/friends in India and abroad and building a vibrant alumni and associates network, experience in interacting with industry leaders, high net worth individuals will be a plus. Familiarity with data mining methods will also be desirable.
Other Terms and Conditions
The position is full-time, temporary and contractual. The contract is for an initial period of ONE year and may be renewed for additional periods depending on mutual consent. The contract can be terminated at any time with one month’s notice on either side. Since this is a contractual appointment, benefits available to permanent employees of the Institute will not be applicable.
The monthly emoluments will be fixed between Rs. 35,000 to 60,000/- based on qualifications and experience. Interested candidates may send a detailed resume to the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs, Indian Institute of Science by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line “Assistant Alumni Relations Officer”. Short-listed candidates will be called for an interview at IISc Bangalore. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed.
Please mail your resumes to: email@example.com with ‘Application for Assistant Alumni Relations Officer’ in the subject.